The Resume Builder
Create a Resume in Minutes with Professional Resume Templates
Create a Resumein Minutes
248 Labadie Drive,San Francisco,CA
+1 (555) 498 2212
Senior API Developer
- Experience building REST APIs
- Extensive knowledge of how web semantics translate into a REST API
- Experience programming and delivering in a production environment
- Expertise working with data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming and experience applying modern design patterns
- Possesses understanding of multiple systems/customer areas, gained through previous experience in different areas of Macy’s or MST, and leverages that knowledge to support current customer(s)
- Possesses a broad understanding of key business issues, metrics, and drivers for success gained through exposure to multiple systems and/or customer areas of Macy’s
- Work in an Agile SDLC
- Building effective working relationships with the Corporate Pingit Business Product Owners to deliver change and support existing services across the platform
- Mentor new joiners in the CAPI Development team
- Hands on experience of experience developing in Java or C# (7+ years)
- A deep understanding of application architecture and development in Service Oriented models (7+ years)
- Hands on experience in developing enterprise grade api integration layer, web application using DotNet technologies with C#, ASP.Net, SQL Server/Oracle, SSRS
- Act within a cross-functional, scrum-based team focused on agile and continuous software delivery
- Support production systems and troubleshoot system defects to remediate issues and ensure system operational stability and availability
- Demonstrate highly effective communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
- Experience with API/Micro-services/streaming architecture
- Experience working with DevOps
API Developer Intern
San Francisco, CA
- Managing the impact assessment of proposed change in the integrated technology environment, in particular understanding the impact of proposed changes on all upstream and downstream systems
- Delivery of all agreed change to time, quality and cost parameters
- Ensuring that all change is designed and implemented using best practice
- Ensuring that all engineering reviews are completed and the introduction of change into the Production environment follows agreed governance processes
- Support the Application Management function with problem records and high severity incidents
- Experienced with preparing detailed level documentation of technical deliveries
- Has a deep understanding of the overall development process and software delivery lifecycle (Agile)
Washington Adventist University
2004 - 2008
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and analytical skills; strong and demonstrated
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as a winning team attitude and strong people skills
- Strong Experience and skills in API (rest, web) Development using .Net
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Tech savvy. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to navigate multiple complex systems and priorities simultaneously
- Have prior experience working with and a strong understanding of bi-temporal data
- Demonstrated skills performing unit testing as part of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Create an API Developer Resume
How to write API Developer Resume
API Developer role is responsible for development, design, java, software, programming, coding, database, integration, languages, .net.
To write great resume for api developer job, your resume must include:
- Your contact information
- Work experience
- Skill listing
Contact Information For API Developer Resume
The section contact information is important in your api developer resume. The recruiter has to be able to contact you ASAP if they like to offer you the job. This is why you need to provide your:
- First and last name
- Telephone number
Work Experience in Your API Developer Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your api developer resume. It’s the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to.
This section, however, is not just a list of your previous api developer responsibilities. It's meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular api developer position you're applying to.The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Representative API Developer resume experience can include:
- Self-motivated with outstanding interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, and excellent communication & presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to learn new concepts rapidly
- Strong communication skills to clearly understand the business requirements
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, etc.(at least one of these skills, min. 1 year)
- Strong communication skills and track record of partnership across organizations
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to influence decisions
Education on an API Developer Resume
Make sure to make education a priority on your api developer resume.If you’ve been working for a few years and have a few solid positions to show, put your education after your api developer experience.For example, if you have a Ph.D in Neuroscience and a Master's in the same sphere, just list your Ph.D. Besides the doctorate, Master’s degrees go next, followed by Bachelor’s and finally, Associate’s degree.
Additional details to include:
- School you graduated from
- Major/ minor
- Year of graduation
- Location of school
These are the four additional pieces of information you should mention when listing your education on your resume.
Professional Skills in API Developer Resume
When listing skills on your api developer resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience.
Present the most important skills in your resume, there's a list of typical api developer skills:
- Solid interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work as a productive member of a fast-paced, tight-knit team
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills. Ability to quickly learn new application systems and technologies
- Strong Java experience (Spring and JAX-RS experience desirable)
- Experience with UNIX Scripting skills
- Strong querying database skills
List of Typical Experience For an API Developer Resume
Experience For Senior API Developer Resume
- Strong microservices architecture experience
- Experience developing software using an Agile methodology. Comfortable producing a working, potentially shippable product at the end of every 2-3 week sprint
- Experience designing and developing ci/cd architecture using Jenkins, bitbucket, etc
- Experience writing APIs with object oriented software working with and engineering team - preferably in an Agile development environment
- Experience in writing unit tests using JUnit or with testing frameworks like Geb and Spock
Experience For Java API Developer Resume
- Experience in designing flows using Mule Anypoint Studio
- Experience in API testing by using JMeter, SOAP UI, Postman and Curl
- Experience developing and scaling REST or SOAP APIs
- Hands on experience in configuring and deploying J2EE applications
- Track record of managing multiple priorities and competing demands
- Software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a Mobile and Java development
Experience For Senior Java API Developer Resume
- Previous experience designing, coding an API (REST/FIX) infrastructures
- Experience working with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins, Git-based version control, Nexus, and Gradle/Maven scripting
- Good understanding and use of Software Design Patterns and Object Oriented Programming
- Hands-on working experience with Spring Framework
- Experience is defining enterprise platforms / businesses using API’s exposed over the internet, or internally via private networks (B2B)
- Experience in an agile delivery environment while also working with multi-location teams. Aware of and comfortable in working within regulatory controls
- Experience in the day to day usage and troubleshooting of Linux based operating systems such as RHEL, CentOS, or Ubuntu
- Experience modeling data in NOSQL data stores
- Good understanding of web technology and client-server architecture
Experience For Web API Developer Resume
- Experience with web standards such as HTTP, SOAP and REST (OWIN, ASP.NET Web API, ASMX)
- Experienced in Object Oriented, Service Oriented and Aspect Oriented Architectures as well as Design Patterns
- BS in MIS, CIS, CS or equivalent trade-off in related education and related professional work experience
- Experience with web application development frameworks and tools like React, Express, Webpack and Loopback
- Strong proficiency in - API Development and Web Services / APIs (REST / SOAP / JSON / XML)
- A strong Java background
- Development of Mule ESB Flows, Sub-flows, Flow control, prioritization
- Experience in integration technologies such as HTTP,HTTPS, JMS, JDBC, REST, and SOAP, RAML and Swagger in Mule
Experience For Rest API Developer Resume
- Experience building responsive web applications using technologies such as React, Angular, etc
- Strong background with automated testing and TDD concepts
- Experience working with large, distributed systems (e.g. microservices)
- 6-10+ overall years of experience with software development
- Experience with containerization environments and deployments (Docker)
Experience For Senior Web API Developer Resume
- AND, up to 2 years’ experience in REST/API development
- Experience in Node.JS. Express, Elasticsearch and Git
- Related experience in Agile methodology
- Experience as Java/J2EE developer
- Experience with web services (WSDL Soap, Restful)
- Strong knowledge of ORM tool (Hibernate preferably)
- Excellent written and verbal ability to interact with all levels of management
- Experience in Design patterns and Architecture frameworks
Experience For Microservices / Java API Developer Resume
- Hands on experience in Apache Tomcat, MYSQL
- Hands on experience in struts and Hibernate framework
- About 5 Development experience in java and j2ee technologies
- Hands on experience in Development and deployment in various environments ( SIT/UAT/Production )
- Experience in both agile and waterfall software development techniques
Experience For Web Services / API Developer Resume
- 5in'>· Hands on experience in Development and deployment in various environments ( SIT/UAT/Production )
- Validate requirements and drive discussions, in close collaboration with the projects team
- Team leadership skill is essential
- Sound in communication skill
- Experience in a SAFe Agile work environment
- Manage time and task priorities for yourself and other team members to meet project timelines and identify potential project risks
Experience For API Developer Intern Resume
- Collaborate with other software developers, product managers, user experience designers, and operations engineers daily
- Experience with web-servers, load balancers and firewalls
- Java development experienceSearch Jobs US
- Converting existing API’s and implementing new APIs into client’s middleware stack
- Understanding the development process and expedite it using IDEs like Eclipse and Android Studio and promoting the standardized use of documentation tools
- Providing feedback on development frameworks for continued improvement and code maintenance using SVN, Jenkins and Gradle
- Representing by developing and maintain comprehensive knowledge of products, industry and technical trends, and general business/financial acumen
Experience For Principal Web API Developer Resume
- Containerizing applications with Docker Scripting new solutions/APIs/services to reduce toil
- Participating in peer code review process to keep code quality high
- Scripting languages-Python, Go, NodeJS, PHP and/or PERL
- Hosting of API’s etc
- Working Knowledge of SVN or others Source Control Tools
List of Typical Skills For an API Developer Resume
Skills For Senior API Developer Resume
- Strong skills in DevOps processes and tooling such as GIT, Jenkins, Maven, AWS
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required to share ideas and concepts with the team
- Strong skills in XML and JSON message formats
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Developing RESTful API applications using Java - Very strong foundations and work experience
Skills For Java API Developer Resume
- Experience migrating web services to the cloud and experience using messaging - specifically Azure Service Bus
- Proven working experience in Java development starting with design, build, test & implementation of applications using Java EE platforms
- ) Experience migrating web services to the cloud and experience using messaging - specifically Azure Service Bus or NServiceBus
- Experience orchestrating integration use cases involving multiple systems and complex business logic tying in system, process, and experience API layers
- AND, 6+ years of software engineering/development experience utilizing Java with at least 2 years' experience working with Web Services REST or SOAP
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Spring & Spring MVC
- Prior experience developing services, modeling in REST vs RPC, and both NoSQL and traditional RDBMS’s
- Experience in working with Development IDE’s like Eclipse / InteliJ, etc. with a good understanding of a build pipeline
- Experience with object oriented design, coding, testing patterns and Solid knowledge of Java, with knowledge in Python
Skills For Senior Java API Developer Resume
- Work effectively under pressure, independently, and within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making
- Development skills: Programming(Java), Web Services, Restfull, protocol(https, tcp, jms), interested knowledge about dependency injection (Spring)
- Experience working with and a strong understanding of bi-temporal data
- AND, 4+ years experience in software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within API’s
- AND, 4+ years experience in software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within Java
- Experience with strong knowledge of the java frameworks (Spring MVC , Spring Security)
- Good to have: Working experience with Atlasian suite of tools
Skills For Web API Developer Resume
- Good to have: Automation experience of manual tasks using Java/python (tool/ language not a barrier).Search Jobs US
- Some SQL & Programming skills in PHP, Python, Java
- Have prior experience modelling data in JSON
- Pragmatic, high-output, high-quality programming skills in a variety of languages and platforms (Java, C#, Python, Scala)
- Effectively communicate complex concepts to vendors, co-workers and management, both verbally and in writing
- Experience performing this kind of a role in his/her prior engagement(s), with Mulesoft as the primary focus
- Good Working experience with Publish-Subscribe Topology, understands multi-level topic strings implementation
Skills For Rest API Developer Resume
- Good Experience working with JMS specifications
- Use your interpersonal skills to work very closely with application architects, and multiple lines of business to deliver mission critical solutions
- Web skills HTML, XSLT, CSS, JS, AJAX
- Proven hands-on Software Development & implementation experience on Rest API preferably in Big Data Stack
- Contribute to continued growth of the team’s skills & processes
Skills For Senior Web API Developer Resume
- Strong experience with NoSQL and relational data stores
- Strong business orientation with broad experience in wealth management processes and change initiatives
- Detailed understanding and 5 or more years’ experience with programming languages and strong knowledge of office applications
- Strong RESTful API experience
- Communicate technical concepts clearly and effectivelySearch Jobs US
- Prior experience in WS SOAP and WSDL development
- Back End Skills: Microservices, REST
- Mulesoft Skill: AnyPoint Exchange Operation , Anypoint Studio IDE, DataWeave and modelling experience, CloudHub, Apache/Nginx
- Expert level development skills C# and on the .NET 4.0 framework
Skills For Microservices / Java API Developer Resume
- Strong client collaboration skill is required
- Strong Java and Relational Database (SQL) experience
- Engineering background with experience in developing and implementing all forms of API’s (B2B, B2C)
- Spring Boot and Spring Framework experience
- Working Experience with Federated identity and Web security concepts such as SAML, OpenID, OAuth
- Working experience on Application Architecture and System Integration
Skills For Web Services / API Developer Resume
- Understanding of DevOps and experience in build and deployment tools
- Working experience with MuleSoft as the integration platform. Mule Developer Certification is required
- Working experience and sound knowledge in Axway API Gateway/API Management/Vordel
- Past work experience with Java, Spring/Spring Boot, Hibernate; running SQL queries and interpreting results; Unit testing with JUnit
- Experience with Java, Spring/Spring Boot, Hibernate; running SQL queries and interpreting results; Unit testing with JUnit
- Experience building reusable framework for consuming and providing REST API’s using Java/ Node.js / PHP / Swagger
- Experience with enterprise integration patterns, including asynchronous messaging, transformation, routing, and filtering
- Experience with test-driven development along with implementing coding best practices such as exception handling, logging etc
- Extensive experience coding, designing, and developing RESTful APIs, Node.js, and Java/Spring
Skills For API Developer Intern Resume
- Experience with developing REST API using Java/Spring/Tomcat
- Experience in building RESTful web services using Spring framework
- Experienced automating builds, testing, and deploying applications within a CI/CD framework
- Experience with object-oriented languages, including developing web services using C#
- Experience in designing and developing ci/cd architecture using Jenkins, bitbucket, etc
- Experience designing, creating and supporting RESTful API micro services
Skills For Principal Web API Developer Resume
- Experience designing, creating, and operating continuous delivery pipelines
- ) Experience coding from scratch and building RESTful web services
- Experience and understanding of API and associated technologies including
- Experience with scripting languages including shell, perl, or python
- Experience in creating api layer using Dot.Net and C#
- Advanced Problem solving and troubleshooting experience
- Experience developing web applications targeted for the following application servers
- Experience in developing REST APIs with Spring Data REST and Sprint BOOT Framework
List of Typical Responsibilities For an API Developer Resume
Responsibilities For Senior API Developer Resume
- Understand in detail the technical requirements gathered by Technical Analysis team and prepare fit-for-purpose API solution designs that are flexible, secure, maintainable and performant
- Ensure the API solution designs supports the principles of the solution architecture, with each component restricting it’s remit to that defined by the architecture
- Proven Experience in a Senior API developer role and delivered multiple API engagements leveraging Apigee API Edge gateway
- Strong understanding of API Management concepts & fundamentals. Experience with APIM platforms such as MuleSoft Anypoint, CA APIM, or Apigee
- Strong experience with Java Restful Data APIs
- Strong experience in application development using SQL, PL SQL
- Strong understanding of the application of Cloud technologies and services development using a variety of technologies
- Experience delivering enterprise solutions to financial services organizations as a hands-on engineer developing complex systems architecture
Responsibilities For Java API Developer Resume
- Experience in designing and implementing REST services. Knowledge of best practices
- Experience with JMS, queues, publishing to and subscribing from topics
- Database experience with SQL Server 2012 or later including writing SQL queries to extract data for application development
- Experience in developing api’s and web applications using python framework’s like flask, Django, etc
- Experience working with lines-of-business to understand the overarching needs and translate them into design patterns
- Experience developing APIs published through multiple interfaces (messaging, RESTful services, and client libraries)
- Experience building and supporting APIs
- Experience working with and setting up Jenkins pipeline for CICD
Responsibilities For Senior Java API Developer Resume
- Experience working in a formal testing/release environment
- Strong working knowledge of back-end web technologies including but not limited to (Node.js, Python, JSON, MongoDB, AWS)
- Solid computer science fundamentals: Data structures, algorithms and multithreaded programming
- Experience in web application development, design, unit testing and implementation
- Experience with JS testing and code analysis frameworks like Mocha, Istanbul, JSLint, JSHint, Jasmine
- Extensive experience and understanding of MuleSoft Anypoint platform and associated technologies
Responsibilities For Web API Developer Resume
- Experience with Spring MVC and Apache CXF framework
- Experience with unit testing frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, etc)
- Experience using Git and/or Bitbucket as source control
- Experience with Unit Testing frameworks and continuous integration tools
- Experience developing API's and web applications
Responsibilities For Rest API Developer Resume
- Experience with reporting platforms (e.g. Tableau, SSRS)
- Experience with configuring ServiceNow and SailPoint IdentityIQ
- Experience developing in C#
- Experience with agile tools and methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Confluence, JIRA)
- Knowledge of API Products & Experience in Enterprise Application Integration
- Microsoft SQL / MySQL database experience
Responsibilities For Senior Web API Developer Resume
- Python and PowerShell experience
- Experience with supporting or developing enterprise applications
- Experience with supporting enterprise finance systems, including Deltek CostPoint, JAMIS, or SAP
- Experience in creating and managing Web Services as a part of the application
- Experience in Postgres, Cassandra, Spring Modules, Spring Boot
- Experience in Spring Modules, Spring Boot
Responsibilities For Microservices / Java API Developer Resume
- Unit testing and Pair programming experience
- Experience using SCMtools such as Git. Understanding of the Gitflow workflow
- Experience developing and managing API applications
- Experience developing RESTful API applications using Java
- Strong Understanding of Spring
- Good understanding of RAML specifications, TCP/IP and Security (SAML, OAuth2,…)
Responsibilities For Web Services / API Developer Resume
- Solid understanding of relevant authentication & authorization standards, such as SAML, OAuth2 and OpenID Connect
- Experience managing QA engineers
- Experience and expert level proficiency with at least one programming language such as Java, C/C++, NodeJS, or Go
- Experience managing Ubuntu/Debian servers (or a comparable distribution)
- Experience with SDL Tridion 2013 or above, including C# TBB development, Schema design, Java content-delivery, and REST-based content-delivery API’s
Responsibilities For API Developer Intern Resume
- Experience working with C# or comparable language
- Experience building web applications and services with Play, Restli, Gradle, JUnit, etc
- Solid understanding of RESTful API design
- Experience with API Management or its predecessors. Ideally including API Connect V5
- Hands-on experience in implementing cryptography technologies like Encryption, Decryption, Digital Signature
- Experience with Docker, continuous integration, automated testing, and DevOps
- Experience with programming, analysis, design, development implementation, quality assurance and applications support
- Experience with Linux software development to include systems programming, python, Flask or DJango
Responsibilities For Principal Web API Developer Resume
- Experience with Linux package management including deb and rpm distributions
- Hands on experience with Node.js, Python scripting
- Experience with API design including security such as OAuth and token exchange
- Experience with Java as well as building SOA based applications
- Preferably 10 years of SDLC experience using Java EE technologies for Middleware and Backend Integration
- Preferably 3 years of experience in developing RESTful APIs
- Strong knowledge in working with Web services and API technologies (REST, XML/JSON, SOAP, XSLT)
Related to API Developer Resume Samples
Biztalk DeveloperResume Sample
•Create reusable elements of software or extension of existing elements for example developing customisations using BizTalk, SQL server, ASP.Net•Design and deliver creative solutions which encourages extension and reuse•Apply sound knowledge of management of source code an...
•Great collaboration skills, excellent comm...
•Good testing skills. Experience working wi...
•Excellent problem solving and debugging sk...
Developer IOSResume Sample
•Developing multiple mobile application projects•Driving standards and tools for development initiatives that establish best practices and code guidelines•Designing solutions taking into account scalability, availability, reliability, stability, security and performance&n...
•Experience in analyzing and understanding ...
•Strong unit testing skills
•Strong communication and interpersonal ski...
Python DeveloperResume Sample
•Strong software development skills and dem...
•Strong object oriented design skills and e...
•Strong Java programming skills and experie...
Analyst / Senior Quantitative AnalystResume Sample
•Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Financial Risk Manager (FRM) designation•Monitor the effectiveness of models in use and continually update model parameters with actual results and changing trends•Create, enhance and maintain models and model parameters for various mode...
•Hands on experience with credit risk model...
•Other programming/software familiarity: st...
•Excellent interpersonal and communications...
Full Stack .NET DeveloperResume Sample
•Design and development of software applications (primarily web based) used in various areas of the bank (such as Loans processing, Treasury, Middle Office etc.)•Unit and Integration Testing – planning, execution and evaluation•Production Release preparation and coordinati...
Specialist, BIResume Sample
•Understands logical and physical data models, data modeling methodologies•Experience in data reporting and visualization area with atleast 2-3 years’ experience on Tableau development•Experience as BI/DW consultant•Intelligence, analytical mindset...
•Attention to detail and strong interperson...
•Strong skills and experience with scriptin...
•Strong project management skills including...
Analyzes, designs, develops, codes and implements programs in one or more programming languages, for Web and Rich Internet Applications. • Supports applications with an understanding of system integration, test planning, scripting, and troubleshooting.How do you put API testing experience on a resume? ›
- Communicating with development staff for test planning.
- Creating daily or weekly status reports.
- Creating test scripts.
- Developing test cases and scenarios.
- Ensuring code functionality, performance and security.
- Identifying code defects.
- Implementing strategies to enhance testing.
- Cross-platform development. ...
- API design. ...
- Front-end development. ...
- Different coding languages. ...
- Integration knowledge. ...
- API orchestration skills. ...
- Programming tools.
Difference Between REST and RESTful API.
|Factors||REST API||RESTful API|
|Bandwidth||This consumes minimum bandwidth.||This consumes less bandwidth.|
A REST API is a way for two computer systems to communicate using the HTTP technologies found in web browsers and servers. Sharing data between two or more systems has always been a fundamental requirement of software development. For example, consider buying motor insurance.What are the skills required for API developer? ›
In addition to understanding APIs, developers who want to succeed in an interconnected world must have a solid grasp of big data analytics, security, mobile, and cloud.Is API developer a good career? ›
The role of an API developer is ever-expanding, as they have to be open to constantly learning from the engineering and business stakeholders across teams, companies and ecosystems.How much do API developers make? ›
Salary Ranges for Api Programmers
The salaries of Api Programmers in the US range from $116,000 to $174,000 , with a median salary of $145,000 .
Here are the top related skills to testing:
Application programming interface (API) automation testing is a type of automated testing that focuses on the performance and functionality of APIs. This process can test APIs for correctness, compatibility, and efficiency. API automation testing can ensure that APIs function properly and meet consumers' expectations.
A REST/RESTful APIs developer is a highly skilled individual who can efficiently build APIs that cater to the diverse need of customers.Is using API a skill? ›
To develop code and arrange programs, developers use multiple skills they've learned through training and experience. Application programming interface (API) development skills are essential in app development across multiple devices, databases and servers.What is REST API developer? ›
A REST API (also known as RESTful API) is an application programming interface (API or web API) that conforms to the constraints of REST architectural style and allows for interaction with RESTful web services. REST stands for representational state transfer and was created by computer scientist Roy Fielding.Is AWS an API? ›
Amazon API Gateway is an AWS service for creating, publishing, maintaining, monitoring, and securing REST, HTTP, and WebSocket APIs at any scale. API developers can create APIs that access AWS or other web services, as well as data stored in the AWS Cloud .What is AWS REST API? ›
A REST API in API Gateway is a collection of resources and methods that are integrated with backend HTTP endpoints, Lambda functions, or other AWS services. You can use API Gateway features to help you with all aspects of the API lifecycle, from creation through monitoring your production APIs.Is postman a REST API? ›
Postman began as a REST client and has evolved into today's comprehensive Postman API Platform.Is REST API frontend or backend? ›
REST and GraphQL are both standard ways to develop backend APIs. But over the past decade REST APIs have dominated as a choice for developing backend API's. And many companies and developers use it actively in their projects.What is API in coding? ›
API stands for Application Programming Interface. In the context of APIs, the word Application refers to any software with a distinct function. Interface can be thought of as a contract of service between two applications. This contract defines how the two communicate with each other using requests and responses.How many types of API are there? ›
There are four widely agreed-upon types of web APIs: open APIs, partner APIs, internal APIs, and composite APIs.What are API development tools? ›
Basically, an API specifies how software components should interact. Additionally, APIs are used when programming graphical user interface (GUI) components. development, you can leverage these testing tools and their services to build your API right away without spending much on the initial setup.
Java is said to be more secure than any other programming language. Its security is obtained from a large set of APIs, tools, and implementations of commonly-used security algorithms, mechanisms, and protocols.What should I learn before API? ›
Experience Layer - This is the topmost layer. At this point, we have all the private information of a business exposed privately by System APIs, and the Process APIs have already exposed the business process logic.Do web developers use APIs? ›
Developers can use web APIs to extend the functionality of their apps or sites. For instance, the Pinterest API comes with tools for adding users' Pinterest data like boards or Pins to a website. Google Maps API enables the addition of a map with an organization's location.How API can be written in Java? ›
- Step 1 – set up Spark. ...
- Step 2 – Creating a RESTful endpoint. ...
- Step 3 – Persisting data. ...
- Step 4 – MySQL connection. ...
- Step 5 – Creating the table. ...
- Step 6 – RESTful POST request. ...
- Step 7 – DAO class. ...
- Step 8 – GET request.
How much does an API Developer make? As of Oct 15, 2022, the average annual pay for an API Developer in the United States is $115,578 a year.How do backend developers earn? ›
- Step 1: Be well versed with the basics of Data Structures & Algorithm. ...
- Step 2: Learn a Programming Language and choose a Framework. ...
- Step 3: Learn the basics of Databases. ...
- Step 4: Learn Framework(s) ...
- Step 5: Start your practical training. ...
- Step 6: Innovate and create something new.
The typical Freelancer Backend Developer salary is ₹5,06,850 per year. Backend Developer salaries at Freelancer can range from ₹2,40,000 - ₹12,00,000 per year.What is API and integration? ›
API integration is the connection between two or more applications via their APIs (application programming interfaces) that allow systems to exchange data sources. API integrations power processes throughout many sectors and layers of an organisation to keep data in sync, enhance productivity and drive revenue.What should be on a Postman CV? ›
Reliable and committed to completing tasks quickly, efficiently and safely. Previous experience in retail and food process, always wanting to learn new systems and take on new challenges. Good geographical knowledge with an excellent work ethic.
- customer service skills.
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- the ability to work on your own.
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure.
- the ability to work well with others.
- excellent verbal communication skills.
API testing is a type of software testing that analyzes an application program interface (API) to verify it fulfills its expected functionality, security, performance and reliability. The tests are performed either directly on the API or as part of integration testing.What are 3 most common APIs? ›
There are also three common types of API architectures: REST, a collection of guidelines for lightweight, scalable web APIs. SOAP, a stricter protocol for more secure APIs. RPC, a protocol for invoking processes that can be written with XML (XML-RPC) or JSON (JSON-RPC).What is API in coding? ›
API stands for Application Programming Interface. In the context of APIs, the word Application refers to any software with a distinct function. Interface can be thought of as a contract of service between two applications. This contract defines how the two communicate with each other using requests and responses.What are four examples of APIs? ›
There are four principal types of API commonly used in web-based applications: public, partner, private and composite.What are the 7 essential soft skills? ›
- Teamwork. With effective teamwork, teams are more productive, deadlines are met, relationships with your team members are stronger and knowledge is shared. ...
- Problem solving. ...
- Communication. ...
- Adaptability. ...
- Critical thinking. ...
- Time management. ...
Some examples of technical skills are: Data analysis. Web development. Computer programming languages.What are API requirements? ›
What Are API Requirements? API requirements include functional requirements (what your API should do) and nonfunctional requirements (how your API should perform in terms of service level agreements). On top of that, API requirements also include a third type — the way your system implements requirements.What is API experience layer? ›
Experience Layer - This is the topmost layer. At this point, we have all the private information of a business exposed privately by System APIs, and the Process APIs have already exposed the business process logic.Is API integration hard? ›
API Integration can come with many issues, but its complexity is possibly the most common, yet not so trivial. Adopting API technology means an overhaul of not only internal systems but procedures and KPIs, data management and integrity, security, standards of communication, and governance.